When life hands you honeydew melons, you make honeydew margaritas.
For several years I have pinned over 1,000 pins in my “It’s Cocktail Hour” Pinterest board. Every time I pin a delicious cocktail, I wish I could make it because they all look so tasty! Therefore, I have decided to start making some of those delicious cocktails and see if they are just as tasty as they look.
The first cocktail I decided to try is the Fresh Honeydew Margarita cocktail that I pinned from Cookie and Kate. The ingredients needed for this cocktail are: honeydew melon, limes, agave nectar, and agave silver or blanco tequila. Kosher salt and hot sauce were also on the list if you wanted to rim your glass. I chose to use lime juice and Tajin to rim my glass because, well, I love Tajin!
Follow my “It’s Cocktail Hour” board on Pinterest to get inspiration for your next cocktail!
The result was a very delicious and refreshing margarita. It was also easy to make since the honeydew blended easily. Because my husband can’t drink cocktails that are too acidic, I made his margarita with half the lime juice. That version was also very tasty! More sweet than sour.
Below is the recipe copied from the Cookie and Kate website.
- 1 honeydew melon
- 3 parts kosher salt
- 1 part ancho chili powder or regular chili powder
- Lime wedges
Ingredients per margarita
- 2 ounces fresh honeydew juice
- 1 ½ ounces tequila, preferably 100% agave silver or blanco tequila
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- Entirely optional: ½ teaspoon agave nectar or simple syrup, more to taste
- To make the honeydew juice: Use a chef’s knife to slice the melon in half. Use a big spoon to scoop out the seeds, then discard them. Use the spoon to scoop pieces of melon into the blender. Put on the lid of your blender and blend until there are no remaining bits of melon. Do not overfill your blender! Work in batches if necessary.
- Prepare your margarita glasses: On a small, rimmed plate, mix together the salt and chili powder. Run a wedge of lime around the top of each glass. Dip the top of the glass into the salt blend at a 45-degree angle and roll it from side to side to catch the salt. Add ice cubes to your glass and set it aside.
- To make margaritas (feel free to make multiple margaritas at once): Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the honeydew juice, tequila and lime juice.
- Put on the lid and shake for 30 seconds. Taste and add sweetener if desired (mine didn’t need any). Strain the liquid into your prepared glass(es).