This site contains affiliate links to products. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
I love to write. In fact, I have been doing it for a living for several years. From writing copy for marketing materials and newsletters, grant proposals, social media, to writing speeches—I love everything having to do with writing. This is what drew me to creating this blog, but it was after several years of thinking about it.
Why did it take me so long? I always thought that it would be a lot of work and I would have to learn so many new things. I was right. It is a whole different world with a different language. Once I started, I realized that I needed to learn the basics, such as setting up a website and learning how to blog in it. What I did not realize is that the other half is developing strategies to gain followers and traffic. I did not know where to start to do that. So, I was (gasp!) winging it.
What is LadyBossBlogger?
Navigating the blogging world has been daunting. Add to that, trying to build it so that you can monetize it, and it becomes even more complex. So when I learned about LadyBossBlogger’s “Start a Money Making Blog” course, I knew right away that I wanted, and needed, to take it!
I am halfway through the course and I am already blown away by all the information that I had been trying to figure out throughout my blogging journey. The course is jam-packed—it is filled with the basics to get a blog started to strategies to get more followers, monthly blog views, and position yourself to attract brands for potential partnerships.
Who wrote the course?
The course is very detailed and offers a step-by-step blogging guide by blogging guru Elaine Rau. Elaine is an experienced and highly successful blogger. She started a successful blog for female entrepreneurs, acquiring over 200,000 followers in under three years!
She then decided to use her skills to create this and other courses to help teach people how to make money online as influencers, bloggers, and entrepreneurs. So I am learning from a pro!
What I really like about the course is that it is structured as if Elaine is with you every step of the way. It is as if she knows what you are thinking when you reach a certain topic. The course begins with an overview of blogging—finding your audience and niche.
Elaine shares the various ways and the apps you can use to balance your day job and blogging if you plan to do both. She also talks about setting up your WordPress website, setting up an email strategy, and using social media platforms to draw traffic to your website.
What I Have Learned
- It is important to find a niche so that your blog content is not all over the place. Being unfocused can drive away readers, who may not return.
- Make sure you own your domain. If you don’t, someone can claim it and you will not be able to use it after that. This nightmare can be further compounded if you have social media handles with that same name.
- Having an email list is the only way to control what your followers see from you. You don’t have to rely on social media to determine when they should hear from you.
- Get your social media handles set up correctly so that they can drive traffic back to your blog.
- Pinterest is not a social media platform; it is a social engine! It is a phenomenal way to drive traffic to your blog.
- The ABCs of blogging. Elaine covers the terms you will need to know in the blogging world. It is like learning a new language and you need to know it to succeed as a blogger. For example, blogosphere, click-through rate, gravatar, permalink, pingback, plugin, just to name a few.
- Setting up the backend of your WordPress account is a lot more than picking a theme and colors. You need to set it up so that your site is optimized correctly.
- There are five legal pages your blog needs. For example, if you plan on doing affiliate marketing, you need to disclose it.
- There are 10 WordPress plugins you need. There are so many out there to pick from. Again, Elaine Rau narrows it down for you.
I am looking forward to implementing what I have learned so far so that I can start focusing on blogging. I am also excited to continue through the second half of the course. Stay tuned for my post in two weeks where I will share what else I learned and what I have implemented.
Don’t waste time googling everything. Don’t wing it either. Take the course and start blogging the right way today!
This course has greatly helped me as a blogger, and I want my readers to have the opportunity to take this course. I have partnered with LadyBossBlogger to win a course of YOUR choice. Go to my Instagram and follow the rules to enter:
The giveaway ends Monday, May 31st.
More LadyBossBlogger Resources: